Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 280 G2 MT Business PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone. I had a good working pc until I did a bios upgrade. I believe that the latest bios upgrade created this issue, as before it was working fine. It is related to the BIOS Rev VA0.57 10/12/2020. It seems that it created a compatibility issue with the present SSD being a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB. The PC still works fine with other hard disks and even a WD SSD! As soon as I install the Samsung SSD it immediately locks up and you just can't even let you go into the BIOS. This has caused me great difficulties as I need to buy another SSD ( definitely not a Samsung ) and reinstall third parties software at great expense. Has anybody encountered such scenario and found s way around it? Have also tried going back to earlier BIOS, but system won't let you.

Thanks to anyone that can put some input into my query.

Ronald

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi
I tricked the BIOS by doing these steps for my Crucial SSD

1) download ver. A.27  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81117.exe
2) download current version: A0.57  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110515.exe
3) I created recovery USB flash drive with A.27, once finished explore usb: inside the Bios folder there are 3 folders:
current
new
previous
copy the .bin file in the (new) folder paste it on the desktop.
4) now the same procedure in point 3 with A0.57 just created the usb recovery, explore the usb again there are the same folders as in point 3
In the (current) folder there is the current bios firmware.
In the (new) folder, delete what's inside, and paste what you have saved on your desktop.
5) shut down your PC
6) insert usb pendrive
7) now hold down the win key + B and the power key at the same time, after 3 seconds leave only the power key. You will hear 8 beeps if I remember correctly. At this point also release the win + B key, update Bios will appear on the screen when it is finished, upon reboot it will notify you that bios update has been carried out press enter wait for the s.o to start Turn off again and plug in SSD you will see it will boot.
  On my HP 280 G2 it worked. I hope you too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.