Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I’m back with yet another question...

So this happened from 1 month, I had my PC start but not actually boot or beep (successful POST), But I did a hard reset (turn off the pc, also removed cable from my PSU to make sure it doesn’t start by itself (yes after HR it does start by itself and fails to boot)) and it worked! This kept happening from time to time, But this occurred today with different symptoms.

So I did what I used to do. Hard resets, re-plugging the power cords and stuff, pressing the numberpad lock thing to test if its my monitor or not, etc.

But, after some tries, The LED turned red and PC kept beeping continuously, I looked at some post related to this issue, but they stated that white lights would emit from the diode or that there was supposed to be long and short beeps, and that the codes can be identified through the first 5 iterations, even builds before 2010 (Yes, it’s so old...) indicate that, and the fact that mine was continuous and not shown as something that could happen drove me crazy.

But if I’m not wrong, The problem should be something in the PSU, RAM or something dust related. (I’m hoping that it is not RAM, GPU/CPU or the MotherBoard, as it’s really old and probably has no replacements)

Do not tell me to buy a new one, my dad won’t let me buy one and wont fix my main laptop (If you’ve seen my last post) , as this is my one and only backup PC, I don’t know what to do...

And by the way, I would love it if you tell me why PCs die even if you take good care of them. If this is relatable, I live in a dusty hot humid area (Egypt).

Please help, I’m waiting for your answers, anything is really appreciated.

Anyways, Thanks for your time!

Peace.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Ok so a quick new update, I blew the dust in my pc (Crap, there was a wall of dust into one of the inner walls, fans where filled with dust, everything) with care, done everything correctly then attached all cables to my pc, it didn't work and beeped 6-7 times (it actually wasn't continuous then, perhaps it was me being imaptient), then I did a hard reset, powered it up and it worked (Plus it did a successful POST beep) !

Iam sure something isn't really right over here. Like, If a component is broken but still works occasionally, would that mean something? Like is it standing on its last legs, Luck or loose? I really do not understand whats going on...

Anyways, Peace!

HP Recommended

@Mostafa_Sabry55

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

To assist you better please provide me with the complete PC Model or the Product Number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Meantime I suggest you update the BIOS and keep the PC under observation to ensure everything is working fine

Link for BIOS Update: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Keep me posted

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended
Oops, Sorry I forgot to post the PC Model! What a bad thing... It's an HP Compaq dc7700. Yes, It's really old... About the BIOS, I can update it but things like these really scare me, I don't know if it's gonna cause my system to die or not boot, Will try soon anyway... By the way, After I have dusted my PC, Things have seemed to go fine right now. Thanks for your answer anyway, here's a KUDO! Anyways, Peace
HP Recommended

@Mostafa_Sabry55

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.