Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 870-070NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Performed a windows update a few days ago, and now when I boot the PC, it gets stuck on the loading screen with the HP logo - no spinning loading wheel or any indication the computer's doing anything.

Tried the turn off and on 3 times to get to the boot recovery mechanism, but after 3 off/on cycles, the normal HP screen comes up.

Tried pressing ESC repeatedly on start, accessed software/hardware tests. Run quick, fast & extensive tests and everything passes.

Tried accessing system restore using F11 on start but only a black screen comes up.

Tried hard reset (pressed and help power)

Tried accessing BIOS on start but nothing.

Any ideas...?

(After doing one of the software tests, I restarted the computer and it got passed the HP screen to configuring updates. Went away, and when I came back the computer had turned off. When I turned it back on, the original problem still happened).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Okay, you did the three time startup routine to get to the advanced startup environment with no luck. That should work.

Maybe you are not shutting off the system quick enough.

You can get to the HP UEFI Startup menu and hardware tests pass. You can't get to the BIOS; you should be able to get to the BIOS if you can get to the HP UEFI Startup menu. I don't think you have a BIOS problem.

You could go to this Microsoft site (Link) to download the Windows 10 installation Media Tool. Run the tool to install a bootable version of W10 on USB media. Boot to this media, select "Repair" in the lower right corner. 

Try various options. I would try a Microsoft System Restore first.

Sounds like a bad Microsoft update. Your PC may not like the update if this update installed the latest version of W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.