Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4 Workstation (1JP11AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The issue I am having is my PC will not go past the HP splash screen after adding a new 4TB drive.  The original drive will start up fine without the additional drive but once the new one is added it won't boot.  Now I have tried changing the SATA cable to the board to different locations  but that doesn't make a difference.  Also in the BIOS I have changed the boot order to have the original drive to be the first in order but that did not work either.  If you change the additional drive to Disk1 and the original to Disk0 the PC still thinks the the additional is Disk0. 

Any thoughts on what the issue might be or if there is something I can try?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Some question

1) is the drive new and clean

2) is the BIOS up to date - 02.82 Rev.A Apr 27, 2022 is the newest

If an older BIOS, it might recognize the 4TB drive as older BIOS might need to the drive to be formatted and partitioned to

2- 2TB partitions.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I did update the BIOS and also updated all of the outdated drivers but still does the same thing.  

I will try and partition the drive into two 2TB drives and see if that works.  I am just currently formatting the drive to clear everything off.

Will update on my progress once I have tried those things.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.