Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p568ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have updated the BIOS of my HP Pavilion Desktop 570-p568ng and now the system won't boot anymore.

It does power up, the screen is black and the power led (white) is constantly blinking long (long on, short off).

I updated from a 2017 version (I think it was F.11) to F.29 Rev.A.

What does the blinking mean? Is the BIOS corrupted? How can I restore it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fixed!

I did a cmos reset by the jumper located on the mainboard next the graphicscard. After that the system does boot just fine again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Fixed!

I did a cmos reset by the jumper located on the mainboard next the graphicscard. After that the system does boot just fine again.

HP Recommended

Shut down your PC completely. Unplug the power cord and remove the battery if it's a laptop. Hold the power button for 60 seconds to completely discharge your PC. Open the PC case and touch a metal surface to discharge your static electricity.

This may help,
John

HP Recommended

Did you actually read my reply? The problem is solved. And for the record: shutting down completely did not do the trick, I tried that more than once.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.