Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  I'm going to be vague for now.  I am slightly tech savvy, but I am disabled and cannot be too much help to my non-savvy friend.  He bought an all in one in March at Walmart.  HP says it's out of warranty.  About 2 weeks ago Walmart assured him that the necessary proof was sent to HP.  HP never got it.  The PC beeps and won't boot up.  After hours on the phone and fixes attempted HP said it would send a  return label.  No label yet (2 weeks).  It did boot up the other day, but now won't again.  Does anyone know who he can call or what he should do?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@unclejorge

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows normally.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

If the computer is not booting to Windows again, then I recommend you contact support and they will be able to assist you with the repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Please tell me if I've posted to the wrong board.  After trying various fixes by tech support, they suggested he ship it back.  The promised label never came.  He had packed it up.  He called again.  They had him reconnect it and it booted up.  The next day it died again.  I read of a possible fix.  I had him unplug the HDMI receiver for the wireless mouse/keyboard.  It booted up.  I had him replug in the receiver  in a different port.  It booted.  That was yesterday.  I'll check with him later.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@unclejorge

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows normally.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

If the computer is not booting to Windows again, then I recommend you contact support and they will be able to assist you with the repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have had this problem as well as my father both Allinone's and after upgrades.

I discovered if you unplug the power for a good 10 seconds longer wouldn't hurt and then plug the power cord back in and reboot - no beeps and it boots properly.

ClarkesofPerth

Just work through the problem

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply.  My friend who is having this problem started with contacting 'customer support'.  After spending about 2 1/2 hours on the phone, here we are.  Thanks again for trying, but finally a return label was promised, but never came.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  We tried a reset, but that didn't work.  You're right, because when he broke it down and re set it up after 3 days, it booted up.  It worked for a day or two.  It wouldn't boot up again until we disconnected the mouse/kybd receiver.  We plugged it in a different HDMI port and it's been fine for about a week.  Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.