Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Right after a BIOS upgrade,  the computer does no longer allow me to open w/ my PIN, just by Microsoft P/W. I want to retrieve the PIN option. [Thank goodness I remembered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That option can be reactivated or modified in the Settings window.  Pick "Accounts" from the settings window and then Sign-in Options.  There you should see how to fix that.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

That option can be reactivated or modified in the Settings window.  Pick "Accounts" from the settings window and then Sign-in Options.  There you should see how to fix that.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Had already tried that. Yes, I can access the PIN option,  and even change the PIN number.

But when I restart the computer, PIN option does not present itself, as it normally did [before BIOS update].

Instead, screen gives me the choice of PIN or Microsoft P/W.

When I choose PIN, it simply returns to the screen of choice again.

I'm just glad I remembered my MS P/W [among a plethora of P/Ws in my life]. Otherwise, I would not be typing this msg right now!

HP Recommended

That is interesting.  Hmmm

Have you checked the BIOS settings to see if there are still set on defaults?

I do not see how the BIOS settings would change the sign-in unless it was more than a BIOS update that happened, too.

That is more of a Windows setting getting altered instead of a BIOS update.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Screenshot (69).png

Below are screen shots of the HP update installation, where upon the restart would not allow me to use my PIN.

Screenshot (70).png

HP Recommended

As soon as the pictures clear Admin, I look

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

While a BIOS update should not cause the problem described, try checking the BIOS is set to defaults and also try a "Repair this PC" from the Windows 10 installation media.  Do not reinstall, but use the repair function.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thx. Got it working again!

Love to have others' inputs...

HP Recommended

Great to hear.

Cheers

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.