Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300 Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i have a HP 8300 SFF Elite, running Win 10 Pro 64bit, 4gb ram, i3-3220.
I have some problems with the phase of POST and BOOT at startup, which often are not completed and the PC remains with the black screen, without signal, the Power LED lit continuously, the led of the disc turned off.
Inside each component keeps turning and receiving energy (disk, fans, cd drives).
Having two Elite 8300, I exchanged the feeder and the problems persist. In addition, the first power supply works perfectly on the other Elite.
I changed the banks of ram, tried in each different location, but sometimes the PC starts correctly, other times not (the largest), without apparent logical sense: it started with 2gb in each slot and also in dual channel.
Even leaving only power supply, cpu, ram, most of the time the pc does not start.
Several Clear Cmos did not solve the problem.
I removed the CPU and the socket has no bent pins.
When I remove some components, the motherboard warns me with the classic beeps.
Despite all kinds of tests, most of the time the PC does not complete the POST and I can not even access the BIOS, sometimes I can access Windows normally and keep it on for hours, with simple operations.
In one of these rare times, I tried a stress test on the CPU, which caused the freeze of the pce with Intel diagnostic processor, it was not possible to visualize the Particle test.
So I started thinking it was a CPU problem or a discontinuous power supply inside the motherboard.
I do not know if it can be useful, but several weeks ago, on both the Elite 8300, I installed the sp82530.exe update, completed successfully, but I think at this point to be wrong, because I think I forgot to install the previous updates , like the sp80102.exe.
Could this be what created the problem?
Thank you in advance,
Massimiliano

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

> several weeks ago, on both the Elite 8300, I installed the sp82530.exe update, completed successfully,

> but I think at this point to be wrong, because I think I forgot to install the previous updates , like the sp80102.exe.

> Could this be what created the problem?

From: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82530.html

TITLE: Intel Corporate Management Engine (ME) Firmware Component

VERSION: 8.1.72.3002 REV: A PASS: 1

DESCRIPTION:
This package contains the Intel Management Engine (ME) 11.8 Firmware Corporate SKU Component for supported models with Intel vPro support, which is designed to provide functionality for remote management by referring to the hardware features that operate at the baseboard level, below the operating system.

PURPOSE: Critical
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP82530.exe
SUPERSEDES: SP80102
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 20, 2017
CATEGORY: Firmware

The later update completely replaces the first update.  So, that's not your problem.

My guess is that your motherboard is the problem -- when it is "cold", is that when it fails?

HP Recommended

The Post/Boot fails to start both from cold boot and warm boot.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but on HP compaq Elite 8300 ultra slim running Archlinux. It happens 50% of the times and mostly when I warmboot. The system won't POST and stays with black screen. All fans keep spinning and LEDs remain on. Please let me know if you found a solution for this.

HP Recommended

@Hunt3r wrote:

I have the same problem but on HP compaq Elite 8300 ultra slim running Archlinux.

It happens 50% of the times and mostly when I warmboot.

The system won't POST and stays with black screen.

All fans keep spinning and LEDs remain on.

After it fails to POST, what do you do?

Do you turn it off, and let it cool-down for 5 minutes? 15 minutes? 55 minutes?

Does it boot correctly 100% of the time when "cold" ?

HP Recommended

After several tests, i replaced motherboard and I've never had problems again.

HP Recommended

I simply press the power button once and it immediately turns off and I press it again and it will turn on and POST correctly. No delay is necessary and it works 100% of times. The problem only shows up when I warm reboot it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.