Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I do a power on, it is stuck at the HP logo screen, saying "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu". If i press esc (or any other F-key) nothing happens with any keys)  Just the message on what key I press at startup.                                      Tired this- Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and remove the battery.  Follow the procedure on Page 59 of your Maintenance & Service Guide to remove the RTC battery.  When done, hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then leave the notebook for 10 minutes.  Reinsert the RTC battery, replace the covers etc, reinsert the main battery, plug in the AC Adapter and try starting the notebook.) Next this shut down the notebook again.  Try tapping away at f10 as you start the notebook to see if this will enter the bios menu. Message comes up with Bio menu ,then goes nowhere. I have no idea where to go from here (Help). I also tried cd boot/ Repair Cd. Nothing happens. Usb boot Nothing happens.  (HELP) Plzzzzzz

ESC key for Startup Menu- I pressed ESC now it Says ESC...Pause startup and stays there. hmmm dont get it. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dont know what to try Plzzz help

HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

Generally, when a Power on Self Test is stuck at the HP logo, it usually means you have a hardware problem.

It is not possible to troubleshoot this type of error because there is no access to HP diagnostics or the BIOS.

Contact HP Support if you are in warranty. Take your PC to a local tech for diagnosis if you are not in warranty.

This error can not be diagnosed in a forum.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Just exactly what would these"forums" be for then ? Telling me how to go BUY a newer faster piece of garbage that has an operating "system" that nobody including the factory that builds it understands......  Oh wait, that's people like YOU ! !  I know this is a couple year old "forum" post, but this kind of "take it to the dealer" is like me telling my kid to go to the doctor to find out why he pees all over the floor when trying to hit the toilet ! !  Maybe YOU don't understand the GOOGLE IT theory. IF YOU ASK, YOU WILL GET AN ANSWER ! !  Because YOU have not even the nearest clue.....GET THE edited** OUT OF THE WAY ! ! There are those that do.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.