Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0053w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a relatively new HP Pavilion 590-p0053w. It is at the most 3 months old.

This week, when I went to my office in the morning I had a blue screen that said something along the lines of there is no operating system. I had left the machine running overnight, so this is not a boot up problem, but instead something happened overnight. 

I rebooted and went through the HP Automatic Repair process and it told me that it couldn't repair my PC. 

I removed the hard drive and discovered that I can mount it on my laptop as an external driver. (I backed up my data.) I looked at the logfile in SrtTrail.txt but it had nothing useful, only that it ran tests and failed. I can post if here if that would be useful. 

This suggests to me that the failure is not the hard drive, but the motherboard. Is this a correct assumption? 

If it is, what is the fastest way for me to get back up and running? Can I purchase a Lincs motherboard from HP? It is a 17514-1 Rev. A. 

If not, can I simply purchase another microATX with a LGA1151 Processor socket and Intel H370 Chipset online and replace it? The Pavilion 590-p0053w specifications says that that motherboard is a Customized Form Factor, but will a microATX fit in this case? The specifications don't give enough details about the chassis for me to know what will work. 

Thank you for your time with this. 

Sincerely,

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
replace the hard drive if not already done and repeat the tests with this

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support
given the id failure

"" I have a relatively new HP Pavilion 590-p0053w. It is at the most 3 months old. ""
so it is guaranteed?
If there is a problem contact the reseller or HP directly!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I think I've done better...  

I had another hard drive sitting around so I installed this drive and tried booting. Again, it came up with Boot Device Not Found, but this isn't a surprise considering that the drive was blank. 

I created a Windows 10 install USB disk and booted into the Bios and selected this USB as the boot drive. It booted and I tried installing Windows 10 on this new disk. When it got to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" the error "We couldn't find any drive." message came up. 

This seems to prove to me that the problem is not the hard drive, but the motherboard isn't recognizing the hard drives. 

-=-=-=-=

Back to the question: How do I get a motherboard that will fit in the HP Pavilion 590-p0053w case? 

I'd love to apply a warranty either through HP or Walmart, but I lack the documentation -- I purchased the computer during the peak of COVID because I needed it for work and frankly my life is such a mess right now that I couldn't find the receipt if I needed it to save my life. It is much simpler to spend $100 for a new motherboard. 

Suggestions? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.