Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried to boot up Windows 10 however, I get through the login screen and then just the task bar and cursor show up. I have tried to get to the Task Manager but the screen won't show it. I have tried rebooting by holding the power on button for 15 seconds, I have detached and retached the hard drive cable. I have tried Ctrl Alt Delete, I don't have a Windows button on my keyboard. Please let me know what else to try and thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mrsphotog,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.

If you have not disabled App Readiness:

1. Turn on the computer.

2. Wait 15 to 20 minutes, if necessary, for the boot process to complete and the Windows desktop to load.

3. Download and install HP Image Enhancement for System Logon.

4. Restart the computer after completing installation of the SoftPaq.

If you have previously disabled App Readiness:

1. Open Windows.

2. In the search field, type Services.

3. In the search results, click Services Desktop app.

4. Select App Readiness.

Services open with App Readiness selected

5. On the App Readiness properties page, in the General tab, set the Startup type to Manual.

Properties page with Startup type set to Manual

6. Click Apply and OK to close the properties.

7. Download and install HP Image Enhancement for System Logon.

8. Restart the PC after completing installation of the SoftPaq.

If you continue facing the issue, follow the steps in the below article to continue troubleshooting.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03518165

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

I was able to get into my computer with these instructions from the internet:

Press the power button to turn on your PC, then hold the power button down until PC shuts down automatically (about 5 seconds) . Repeat this more than 2 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair to get into Safe Mode.

Unfortunately, the start Windows key at the bottom left will not engage.

I have also completed all of the steps you have provided. The App Readiness feature was already installed.

HP Recommended

@mrsphotog,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a system restore on the computer back to the date when the computer was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there a way to contact the help desk to ask for the OE to be reinstalled/repaired?

HP Recommended

@mrsphotog,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.