Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-13-2021 11:25 AM - edited 04-13-2021 11:31 AM
Specs as follows - Pavillion 570-P010na. AMD A10-9700. 8GB RAM. 120GB NVME.. Radeon r5 M430.
Updated to latest official BIOS from HP website.
BIOS flashing process seemed to work fine, update completed as expected.
However, I'm now unable to get a POST from the machine. Turns on, blank screen, the white LED power light is flashing once every 5 seconds.
I have so far tried the following
- CMOS reset with motherboard jumper
- CMOS reset with battery removal
- Tried 'barebones' boot with GPU removed, and keyboard/mouse/peripherals unplugged
- Replaced CMOS battery with new one
- Tried different RAM (although unlikely to be problem)
- Attempted Winkey + B recovery, nothing happens.
- Attempted Winkey + B + USB BIOS recovery - nothing happens.
So is this bricked? Is there anything else I can try at all?
Thanks in advance
04-13-2021 04:12 PM
You have tried many good troubleshooting steps. You could try a different, known good, power supply but it seems you have a bad BIOS update.
You would have to contact HP Support (Link) for factory service. Maybe HP can reprogram the BIOS or replace the motherboard.
04-14-2021 08:14 AM
You're very welcome.
Try the CMOS battery. Your PC was released for sale in 2017. You could also look for a local PC tech with BIOS reprogramming skills. The motherboard part number is 910104-601. Maybe you can find this part on eBay.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community