Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-068
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I turned on my pc after an hour of being off and it started beeping 3 long beeps 2 short ones I think it’s the ram because I took it out when it was beeping and it stopped. Does it mean it’s the ram??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@alex268 -- can you match your pattern of "beep codes" to: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - BIOS Beep Codes | HP® Customer Support  ???

Also, if your computer has an add-in video-card, be sure that it is fully & correctly "seated" into its socket on the motherboard.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi @alex268 

yes

probably
if you have two memory modules tested one then the other
unfortunately sometimes it can be a problem with the motherboard, or memory slot

check if this one

• Amount: 8 GB
  • Speed: PC4-19200 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-2400

• ual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture
  • Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-19200 (DRR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

try  scan or manual  search

Welcome to Crucial USA
if you have a single 8gb module,

buy an 8 gb module, and why not if it works a second

try upgrading to 16gb

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@alex268 -- can you match your pattern of "beep codes" to: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - BIOS Beep Codes | HP® Customer Support  ???

Also, if your computer has an add-in video-card, be sure that it is fully & correctly "seated" into its socket on the motherboard.

HP Recommended

No it’s 3 long beeps and 2 short ones i can’t find the beep code anywhere on here 

HP Recommended

@alex268 --  i can’t find the beep code anywhere on here 

Within this discussion forum, see: No screen on startup; 3 long beeps 2 short beeps - HP Support Community - 6979452

that references "3 plus 2".

If this reply is helpful, please click "Accept As Answer".

HP Recommended

@alex268   have you tried check what i said?

Ordinateurs de bureau HP - L'ordinateur ne démarre pas et il émet un signal clignotant ou sonore | A...

english version: HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code | HP® Customer Support

Matériel
Embedded controller timed out while waiting for BIOS to exit memory initialization
Indicates a potential memory failure. Bring back to memory. Correct memory configuration (correct DIMM slot and size/type mapping). Test with a good memory. Replace the affected component.

again :

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pc-beeping/m-p/8278806#M70619

if you have two memory modules tested one then the other
unfortunately sometimes it can be a problem with the motherboard, or memory slot

check if this one

if you have a single 8gb module,

buy an 8 gb module, and why not if it works a second

try upgrading to 16gb

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.