Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp company 500b mt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I put a q9400 in a hi-g41uatx motherboard and when i turned it on it started beeping but when I put the e5400 in works fine plus hp says the q9400 works with the motherboard
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well if that is the case, it would appear that you are stuck with using the e5400.  Bent pins in the socket are going to be difficult to repair.  Bent pins on the CPU are tricky but possible.

At least it works with the e5400

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

The beeping is a warning that the new CPU is not accepted as a usable component.  However, it appears to be on the list of compatible CPU's, as you say.  What BIOS version is installed?  6.10 is available

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-p6700-desktop-pc-series/50353...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
I installed the new bios but when I put the q9400 in it kept beeping
HP Recommended

Unless this is a new CPU, it could be defective.  Also, check for bent pins.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Ok
HP Recommended
There are bent pins but the e5400 works just fine
HP Recommended

Are the bent pins on the q9400 ?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
On the motherboard ?
HP Recommended

The bent pins I am speaking about would be on the CPU.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.