Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Please explain "There are bent pins but the e5400 works just fine "

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
When I put the e5400 in it boots up but when I put the q9400 in it gives me a memory code there are bent pins in the socket
HP Recommended

Well if that is the case, it would appear that you are stuck with using the e5400.  Bent pins in the socket are going to be difficult to repair.  Bent pins on the CPU are tricky but possible.

At least it works with the e5400

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Would the e5400 be good with a 750ti
HP Recommended

Here is a youtube video showing what needs to be done to use that  (  gt750 ) graphics card in that model PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_RYzSCtLPs

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.