Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Help please. Windows 10 update March 2023. All in one pc now not booting up. Tried to mend windows but get this. C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt. cannot get into safe boot cannot get into bios. Run a chkdsk from command and it starts no windows operating system. Tried to restore before hand and problem programme was Edge. No restore points for boot exe. Where do i go from here. Microsoft are to blame cos the update was force. Angry to say the least.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @suziesue1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If your HP PC is not booting after a Windows update in 2023, there could be several possible causes for this issue. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

• Power cycle your PC: First, try unplugging your PC from the power source, and then press and hold the power button for about 10-15 seconds. This will discharge any remaining power in your PC, and may help clear up any temporary issues.
  • Check your hardware: Make sure that all of your PC's hardware components, such as the hard drive, RAM, and CPU, are properly connected and functioning. Check for any loose cables or components, and make sure everything is seated correctly.
  • Boot into safe mode: Try booting your PC into safe mode by pressing the F8 key repeatedly during startup. This will load Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services, which can help you troubleshoot the issue.
  • Use System Restore: If you are able to boot into safe mode, try using System Restore to roll back your PC to a previous state before the Windows update. This can help undo any changes that may have caused the issue.
  • Perform a Startup Repair: If you are unable to boot into safe mode, you can try performing a Startup Repair using the Windows Recovery Environment. This can help fix any issues with your PC's boot configuration.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.