Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
AMD Athlon X2 64 BE-2300
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I had this problem before but fixed it with my usb with windows the option was load win the last time it worked but it's now not working I start it fans are running after the HP screen a black screen appears with a horizontal blinking cursor and before it gets to win loading screen it shuts down and restarts.

Product No. KE51AA#ACJ

SERIAL NO. [edit]

AMD ATHLON 64 X2 BE-2300

NVIDIA GEFORCE GRAPHICS 512MB

RAM 1.5GB

I had seen your video on what to do when your pc won't start at YouTube.

I have tried with usb with win loading it from boot menu but it says

Win has failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File boot bcd

Status 0xC0000225

Info:a error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Please help

Thanks & regards

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@LowAndGaming

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, the computer is not booting up. 

Appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the computer as I'm unable to pull up any details using that product number mentioned in your post? Refer to this link for steps to find the product details. (Ensure not to share the serial number, email, phone number, etc.)

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Hard Reset -

1) Shutdown the computer.

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.

3) Remove the Battery. (This step might not be applicable for in-built battery)

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer.

6) Try to turn on the computer.

Step 2 BIOS Restore -

2) Hold down the Windows and B button together while the computer is still turned off.

3) Turn on the computer and continue to hold the Windows and B button until a BIOS Recovery screen appears.

4) Follow on-screen instructions and click on OK

Step 3 System Restore -

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3) Press F11 once for System Recovery.

4) Choose the Keyboard Layout.

5) Click on Troubleshoot.

6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Restore.

7) Choose a Restore point or a Restore date when the computer was working fine.

😎 Click on OK to initialize the System Restore.

Step 4 Hard Drive Test -

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3) Press F2 once.

4) Go to Component test.

5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test.

If the test comes as pass, try re-installing the operating system using the USB recovery media. Refer to this video link for instructions.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes. 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate your help but the methods you listed aren't working maybe due to my Awardbios phoenix

Maybe you are listing this for any other model Don't know and at the side of my pc there's written that

COMPAQ SG322OIL

PROD#    KE516AA#ACJ

S/N.          INA74609DN

MAY IT HELP YOU TO SOLVEY PROBLEMS

THANKS

LAG!!!

HP Recommended

Another thing I want to say is that I have a problem thaty pc starts up logo screen appears fans are running properly, but the cd com drive sounds two short beeps and then a black screen appears with a blinking cursor the windows logon screen appears and pc starts but now it just stops at the blinking cursor .

I have said this before that I had this problem before but used my win usb usb clicked on system recovery

Now again the problem is happening and tried with the  win usb step used before.

But when I go to Boot menu and select my SanDisk usb it says

Wait it's listed above win has stopped loading........BCB/Boot...... HELP will be appreciated.

Thanks.

LAG!!!

HP Recommended

@LowAndGaming

Thanks for replying with the details. The product is a Compaq Presario SG3220IL Desktop PC. 

The first step is not applicable as it is for a Notebook PC. Please try these steps instead -

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.

3) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.

4) Plug-in the Adapter.

5) Try to turn on the computer.

Remaining steps are same for a desktop computer too. 

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the above steps mentioned.It isn't working so as listed abovethe problem plzz see it and help me.

Thanks.

LaG

HP Recommended

@LowAndGaming

Greetings! 

Thanks for replying. I have sent you a Private Message with the details about the next course of action.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.