Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp compaq 6000 pro SSF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I can not clear bios password. On startup i have " Enter power-on password"!

I try these solutions i found on this link https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HELP-BIOS-PassWord-Removal-on-HP-Compaq-6000-P... but  the password is stilll here.

Need your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If removing the green clear password jumper did not clear the BIOS P/W then someone set the Stringent Security setting in the BIOS which does not allow removing the green clear P/W jumper from clearing the P/W.

You will need a new motherboard...that is your only option.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

If removing the green clear password jumper did not clear the BIOS P/W then someone set the Stringent Security setting in the BIOS which does not allow removing the green clear P/W jumper from clearing the P/W.

You will need a new motherboard...that is your only option.

HP Recommended

Thanks Friend.

If there is no other solution even change mothercard i declare accept solution.😞

Thanks again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that someone enabled stringent security.

Starting with the dc7900 and newer models 8000 Elite, 6000 Pro, 8100 Elite, 8200 Elite, 6200 Pro, etc., the stringent security BIOS setting option was added.

HP Recommended

It's me that change this password and forgot it.

Thanks

If i remenber the password can i access my desktop again or there is no chance?

HP Recommended

You must have set the stringent security option then.

Yes, if you can remember your BIOS P/W, you will be able to get in.

If you can get in, then I recommend you don't bother setting a BIOS P/W, or at least disable the Stringent Security Setting.

HP Recommended

ok. That's good news!

I 'll try all my passwords and i hope to find the right one .

Thank you very match for help.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I hope you can find the right password to get into your PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.