Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Eny 750 116
Other

I looking to do a clean install of linux and trying to use scsi with no sata.  The controller is an adaptec asr 6405e. The bios does not detect the card. I tried switching to legacy bios and now that I have done that,  there is no video so I can't do anything to access the bios. The computer turns on etc with two short beep codes and nothing else. I have tried just letting it sit with power off hoping that it might default back to the standard UEFI after a awhile but that has also not done any good. The controller id UEFI compliant so the UEFI should have detected it. Adaptec suggested that it may be a matter of HP's version of the MS 7906 (Orchid S), may by design, may be manf simply to not allow the use of scsi. Which if that is the case, really sucks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Mr_Zilla 

Your header claims you are running Linux on this PC -- but it came with Win10 Home preloaded.

I'm sorry, but HP only warranties their PCs for usage with the OS that comes preinstalled.

IF you replace that with a Linux distro, or add a Linux distro, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that.

Your best bet for support with issues with Linux is to contact the support forum of the distro you are using.

If you are using Ubuntu, go here: https://ubuntuforums.org/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.