Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 2 in 1 desktop

My desktop will not come one power light just blinks how do.i resolve 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Please provide a HP product number only. The product number should be on the chassis.

Is there any pattern to the blink code and do you also hear any beep error codes?

The product number will help to get the date your PC was first manufactured. The specific blink pattern or audible beep code cadence will help to find the cause of your problem.

BIOS error codes vary according to the BIOS version. The BIOS version is determined by the manufacturing date of the PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

The product # is z5m70aa#aba

HP Recommended

There is no sound just light blinking

HP Recommended

Hi,

The system blinks with no pattern?

You may have a hardware failure point. The failure could be the external power brick, a component connected to the motherboard, or the motherboard. Check all external connections to the AIO PC to eliminate this simple fix. Only connect a keyboard and mouse when attempting to start your PC.

I think you may have to contact HP (Link) if you are in warranty or you prefer to have the OEM find the problem, or have a local PC tech troubleshoot to find the cause.

Regards

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Product #: F3E50AA#ABA, Model No.: 500-277c, Serial No.: [edit]

Was attempting to reboot so I shut it off using the on screen "shut down" button, waited 30 secs then pressed the power button.  Would not restart.  The small LED to the left of the power button blinks continuously at approximately one flash per second.  No variation in blink pattern.  No signal being sent to monitor.  Monitor is working OK.  Thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hi DMAN4,

I have had PCs exhibit this symptom in the past. Some fixes required replacing the power supply. Sometimes the motherboard had failed. It could be either one. Or a component connected to the motherboard has problems. It could be a power switch or power switch header on the motherboard.

Disconnect from AC power. Depress the power switch for about 20 seconds. Connect to AC power. Try to start the PC.

I would check all external connections. Check motherboard connections.

Inspect the motherboard (MB) for thermal damage.

You could pull the MB battery to reset CMOS, let the PC sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Reinstall the MB battery.

You have to troubleshoot each component down to the MB or the CPU. CPU failure is rare but can also happen if the MB is toast.

Try a booting the PC (only connect the monitor) by disconnecting the following components from the MB one at a time:

Discrete graphics card (if applicable). This PC has integrated Intel graphics. Install a discrete graphics card if you are using the onboard Intel graphics.

HDD

DVD

Front Panel USB 2.0 and USB 3.0

The Front or Top Panel USB 2.0 card reader.

RAM

No boot means you will have to try a different power supply and then a different CPU or MB.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.