Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hey guys well I have a similar problem with my HP laptop pavilion dv7. Well it turns on and then it just gets stuck on that screen and when I try to open startup menu nothing happens and when I press any other keys it makes a beeping noise please help I need it for school.
HP Recommended

Dear, i'm facing the same problem. I'm using a HP m9480be
Serial:[Personal Information Removed]
Product: FL303AA - B14

I would be extremely happy if you could help me with this issue because i'm using this computer for my work.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

HP Recommended

DonCorleone

I would suggest testing for hardware failure to rule that out first. I am providing you links to documents depending on your operating system as to how to use the BIOS to test for hardware failures.

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Please re-post with an update as to the results of the tests.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended
I am stuck. I don't know how or why this has happened. Nothing on the Startup menu, including f11 seems to do any thing. At 73 years old I fear technology has passed me by. I need 21st Century guidance please!
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion a6110n Desktop pc and I keep getting the HP invent blue screen. I cannot attempt any form of troublshooting as the computer will not recognize the keyboard or the mouse at all. They are the original keyboard and mouse and yet they do not seem to work with the rest of the desktop. I have attempted to disconnect and reconnect it and the keyboard lights will come up for about a second and then go off again. The keyboard obviously works, I've tried it on other computers it's not the keyboard that has the issue the desktop just wont read it. Due to the keyboard malfunction I can't hit F10, or F11 to reboot or start the system recovery I just get stuck on the blue HP invent screen. If I could get help that would be awesome!

HP Recommended
Thank you very much for your prompt and successful solution. I posted a Kudo.
HP Recommended

Your reply came over a month late. I had no idea anyone even saw my post. I already took the Pavillion w/Vista 32-bit to a tech and had a new HD installed.  

HP Recommended

Your reply is over a month late.  Doesn't anyone watch this forum?  I've already had a new HD installed and the bad RAM stick removed.

HP Recommended

Since  no one replied for weeks I took the PC to a local tech and he replced the HD and removed the bad RAM stick.  I cannot find a replacement for the RAM stick.  Where can I get one that will work with the Vista Pavillion 32-bit?

HP Recommended

Replace the CMOS battery on the motherboard. Seen this issue with several different PC's and this usually fixes the problem. You will also need to reset settings on your mother board like time and boot order.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.