Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G6 Desktop Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I went to power up the little beast and I get this 3 long red LED and then 2 short white LED code blinks. I know what the code means (found from document bph07107). I went through HP support troubleshooting (no luck), hard reset (no luck), removed/replaced battery (no luck), even reseated ram in other slot (no luck), tried alternative ram that I know works (no luck). All I get is the 3 red 2 white LED code. Fan sort of sputters a bit too. Luckily machine just few months old and still under warranty.

Attempted to reach real person with HP tech support on other machine. Just got run around and suggested to use Virtual Assistant. The VA was rather humorous but just flipped me back. I wanted to flip it off but just took a deep breath instead.

Does anyone have the HP US Tech Support phone line? Someone real to talk with?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No, not really. Kept being thrown back to start. Anyhoo, I eventually found, or was shown, a support page that had a phone number to a real person. Talked to her and after some troubleshooting concluded new system board needed. Put it on order. Few days later got contacted from 3rd party support technician who was assigned case. Got my hopes up that problem will be shortly resolved. But, he informed me system board is back ordered but would contact me when it arrives so he can come by and install it. Heavy sigh, disappointed. At least warranty is 3 years. Hopefully will have it going by then.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did the Virtual Assistant respond to your input such as "agent", by transferring your session to somebody with a heart-beat?

HP Recommended

No, not really. Kept being thrown back to start. Anyhoo, I eventually found, or was shown, a support page that had a phone number to a real person. Talked to her and after some troubleshooting concluded new system board needed. Put it on order. Few days later got contacted from 3rd party support technician who was assigned case. Got my hopes up that problem will be shortly resolved. But, he informed me system board is back ordered but would contact me when it arrives so he can come by and install it. Heavy sigh, disappointed. At least warranty is 3 years. Hopefully will have it going by then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.