Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example:
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My hp 8300 desktop won't start on pressing the power button.It starts randomly and goes off after a few minutes and may produce a beep.What could be the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It could be a failed fan on top of the processor. When the processor gets too hot, the motherboard shuts-down the computer, to prevent fatal overheating.

It could be a problem with the motherboard.

It's time to take the computer to a computer technician, for more trouble-shooting.

HP Recommended

@MyLowesLife wrote:

My hp 8300 desktop won't start on pressing the power button.It starts randomly and goes off after a few minutes and may produce a beep.What could be the problem?

If it was originally legacy I would try uefi boot. Also if it’s SATA SSD check that sata mode is set to ahci (it should already be in ahci but just to make sure) recently migrated my OS to an m.2 SSD with zero issues so your migration should be good. If none of this works I recommend checking that all drivers are up to date.

Edit: Also make sure you're selecting windows boot manager not the actual SSD. Typically the bios will default to this option but not always

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.