Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Prodesk 400 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I saw other peoples with this problem and still unsolved. I think this is a general problem on 400 g1. Installed windows 10 64bit on 2 pc's and they have the same problem restarting from windows. Windows says "restarting", screen goes black, power led stays on, and that's IT. You have to press power button for a few second to shut down, then power on, again. The same thing happend during windows installation when it's automatically restarting. What can be done? I"ll try installing windows 10 in legacy mode, not uefi, like i did. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cata313 

From the specs I could find, this model already comes with Windows 10 64-bit installed.  So, WHY are you then forcing your own install?  You are creating your own problems by doing that because unless you are saving off the preloaded HP drivers (which I am guessing you are not doing), then when you force your own install, you are replacing working drivers with generic ones provided by Microsoft -- and that is asking for problems, which you are then getting.

As to the mode, modern PCs with Win10 preloaded come in UEFI mode by default; forcing a change of that to Legacy mode will not improve the situation unless you are then using Win10 boot media that will not handle UEFI mode.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.