Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp compaq dc5800 small form factor
Linux

I am using an old dell compaq 5800 as a minecraft server, and wanted to upgrade my ram. There were already 4 x 1gig sticks installed, so I got 4 x 2gig sticks (patriot psd22g80026h). After replacing them with the old ram, my system wouldn't boot up and gave me 5 beeps. From my research that means there is a ram issue, wich would be logical.

After putting the old memory back in the system booted like normal. After that I tried every new stick in the first slot, wich all gave the same error. I also tried doing in pairs, following the color coded slots. After that I tried one stick in every slot, all to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

It appears the new memory hits all of HP's requirements. See pages 17 and 18 at this (Link) for memory requirements and placement on the motherboard.

I can only guess there could be a problem with secondary timings on the new modules which conflict with HP BIOS SPD data or all of the new modules are bad (very unlikely).

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, @Hoespilaar 

Can you get this memory in Belgium?

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F...

This is what I used in my dc7800 and dc7900 PC's.

The dc7800 is the upscale model of the dc5800. 

It has the similar Intel series 3 chipset as the dc5800,  but also offers support for AHCI and RAID.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.