Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My computer froze & I had to force restart

Now my screen says, “Reboot and select proper boot service or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”

Any key I press (I’ve tried them all), it takes me to a similar screen that says,

“Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083)

Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

This product is covered by one or more of the following patents: US5, 307, 459, US5, 434, 872, US5, 732, 094, US6, 570, 884, US6, 115, 776 and US6, 327, 625

Realtek PCIe FE family controller series v1.22 (3/16/10)

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

Reboot and select proper boot service or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.”

Word for word that’s what it says. I’ve already turned it off & disconnected the cable, held down the power button for 5 seconds, and turned it all back on. Nothing has changed.

I don’t know what to do!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your BIOS can't detect the HDD or SSD which contains the operating system.

What cable did you disconnect/reconnect?

Remove the side panel when the PC is off and disconnected from AC power if you have a Desktop.

Check/reseat the connections to the HDD and motherboard.

It sounds like your HDD may have failed if all connections are good.

Run HP Diagnostics.

Start the PC.

Select "F2".

Run System Tests.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.