Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remove HP Envy 700-214 Setup Password

HP Envy 700-214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a HP Envy 700-214 with a setup password that I don't know what is it. Therefore I cannot access the bios. I have tried clearing the bios and when the pc restarts it says default bios settings loaded but when i try to access the bios again it still asks for the setup password. Thanks, Nathan

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,258 107,439 17,018 26,063
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there are no instructions listed on the support page for how to clear the BIOS password.

But take a look at the motherboard picture below...below the memory slots, and above the sata ports, are what appears to be two little blue jumpers. 

Shut down and unplug the PC before working inside of it.

Take a look at the white lettering on the motherboard by those jumpers.  One may indicate CLR CMOS and the other CLR PSWD.

So if one of them is the clear password jumper, the usual procedure to clear the password is this...

1. Shut down and unplug the PC.

2. Move the clear password jumper over one pin. It looks like from the picture, you can only move it to the left.

3.  Plug in and turn on the PC.  The password should now be cleared.

4. Shut down and unplug the PC.  Move the clear password jumper back to its default position.

5. Plug in and turn on the PC.

Photograph of motherboard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
12 9 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done as you instructed to no avail, still getting the same thing.IMG_0878.jpg

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation