Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite 8200 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got an issue with the latest bios (2.29) for HP Elite 8200 Desktop computers. When i reboot Windows 10, then the computer "freezes" for 2 minutes before the initial POST (when the HP logo should appear). And this only happens with Windows 10 and bios version 2.29. Windows 10 and bios version 2.28 don't seem to be affected.

The normal reboot process for Windows 10: computer turns off, then turns on, the HP logo appears after a few seconds and the boot process starts.

With bios v2.29 the reboot process for Windows 10: computer turns off, then turns on, 2 minute "freeze" (black screen), then the HP logo appears and the boot process starts.

My question is: how can i rollback the bios on HP Elite 8200 desktops? I would like to rollback to version 2.28, but the conventional methods don't work here. Neither the flash option in the bios, nor the standalone flashing software is willing to flash an older bios over the newer one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't roll back the BIOS.

If you don't use the Trusted Platform Module for Bitlocker, you can disable it and the PC will boot up normally.

Restart the PC, then start tapping the ESC key until you are presented with the boot option menu.

From there, select SYSTEM SETUP.  

Once inside SYSTEM SETUP, select SECURITY, inside that menu select DEVICE SECURITY.

Once inside that menu, select EMBEDDED SECURITY DEVICE ---> DEVICE AVAILABLE, change this setting to DEVICE HIDDEN.

Press F10 to save, and then go back in to double check it is HIDDEN.

Exit BIOS by saving all changes.

Reboot 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't roll back the BIOS.

If you don't use the Trusted Platform Module for Bitlocker, you can disable it and the PC will boot up normally.

Restart the PC, then start tapping the ESC key until you are presented with the boot option menu.

From there, select SYSTEM SETUP.  

Once inside SYSTEM SETUP, select SECURITY, inside that menu select DEVICE SECURITY.

Once inside that menu, select EMBEDDED SECURITY DEVICE ---> DEVICE AVAILABLE, change this setting to DEVICE HIDDEN.

Press F10 to save, and then go back in to double check it is HIDDEN.

Exit BIOS by saving all changes.

Reboot 

HP Recommended

Thanks, that solved my problem.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully, HP will release another BIOS update to fix that mess.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.