Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I had the same problem.  I chatted with HP support and they fixed the issue remotely.  Apparently it's a problem with Windows 10 and they have a fix for the issue.  My laptop has been running perfectly after the HP tech fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

I'd like to repeat my previous post on page 8 and my question. Should I do what HP suggests? I see that Bobjenhof here above got this fix, but is it a good thing?

Hello everybody. I registered myself on this page just to say thank you. This problem started for me yesterday and I am using the solution that after I log in and the black screen appears, I enter the task manager and go to App Readiness and End Task, Shut down. 

Today I went into chat with HP and I want to share this information with you, which they claim to be the permanent solution. They gave me this info after they tried to control my PC, but I had no time for that then and rejected it.

I as well told them that I will return the PC and buy a new one from another manufacture if this won’t get solved very soon. 

Note that I have not tried this thing yet. I still do the End Task, Shut down App Readiness thing. I paste the conversation bellow. 

HP: Like I said this is a permanent fix. You must disable the program. Not just end / stop it. If booting to the black screen, then press:

Ctrl+ shift+Esc ->File->Run New task->type services.msc check the box under it and click ok

• In the list double click on
  • AppReadiness ->under startup type select disabled->apply ->ok
  • Restart the pc and the issue would be fixed permanently.

Me: But isn’t that a bad thing? I will not get new updates?

HP: No, it is not bad. This is a fix suggested by Microsoft. They would not be suggesting it if it harmed the pc. They would be releasing a new update that would fix the issue shortly.

Me: Okay nice. So, that means I don’t have to do this, and I could just wait for the update? Or I could choose to fix it alone right away.

HP: You must do this step now and wait for the update.

Me: Okay I get it. Excellent. I'll do this later today, and come back if i have further issues. When is this Microsoft update expected?

HP: I can assure that you would not face any issue. Make sure that you disable it following what I have share.

Me: Thanks. When is this Microsoft update expected?

HP: They said they are working on it and very soon they would release it. Not sure when.

What do you think about this? Should I do it?

Regards, owner of a one week old PC.

HP Recommended
I just spoke to someone at HP and I was told that my computer is obsolete and he would not say if it was a HP problem due to the update. But if I wanted to pay for a diagnostic fee they would tell me. Sounds to me like HP needs money.
HP Recommended
Hi everyone
As all of you, I am also taking the black screen error. however after 10 minutes the screen is going normal again. When the had screen fixed after 10 minutes, I tried to enter a game however suddenly I got blue screen.
I would like to know, if someone got same problem about the blue screen

Thank you, Doğukan
HP Recommended

What did HP do and where did you chat remotely?

" had the same problem.  I chatted with HP support and they fixed the issue remotely.  Apparently it's a problem with Windows 10 and they have a fix for the issue.  My laptop has been running perfectly after the HP tech fixed the problem."

HP Recommended
How do I do this if I have a black screen??
HP Recommended

To: Anyone just posting to the group now and are stuck at the black screen after your PC installed the recent  09/12/17 MS updates:

Please go back to page 1 of this thread and start reading from there. Information on what people did to get up-and-running when this first happened were, at that time, likely in the same situation you are now (as was I).

It might be best that we don't add tons of posts that duplicate workarounds already posted way back at the beginning. Hopefully, you will find help there. Also, hopefully, a proper solution will come from MS or HP soon.

Cheers!

T

HP Recommended

@RolfHardi wrote:

Problem Solved on my HP Pavillion x360

It is amazing how many people have this problem and how HP is failing to come up with a sollution. All the advise of "updates, Check disk, Virus... is doing nothing. The problem is rootet in the Stuff that HP is loading onto the computer

This is how I have fixed it:

Perform a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Uncheck all services (don´t worry, your PC will boot fine.  Then add service after servie one by one, rebootign your PC everytime after a service is added until you getting the delay again. This then would be the service which is causing the black screen. Check all services again except the causing service. This is paintaking but the only way. on my computer it was one Service which caused the long boot time:

On my computer it was the "App-Vorbereitung" ( sorry is in German) but I guess it is probably "App- Readiness" in the english version of Windows. You may guess it on the order from the top which service it is. I would start straight with unchecking this one service:

Sys config.jpg

My computer is now booting very fast and I did not recognise any issue running my programs without this Service beeing started.

Personally I am disappointed about HP´s customer service, not being able to provide the customers with real advise that is helping or better, to fix the problem by not loading all that HP garbage onto windows

Hope this helps, good Luck and all the best

Rolf

THANKS FRIEND....HP SHOULD HIRE YOU PRONTO!

HP Recommended

>  Microsoft puts out a patch or if its fixed in October 17th update

October 3rd is the 1st Tuesday.

October 10th is the "2nd Tuesday" -- when Microsoft releases security-updates.

October 17th is the 3rd Tuesday.

Microsoft might release an "out-of-band" update, before the 10th, if they judge the problem to be "critical".

If so, Windows Update, running in the background, will pick up that update, and apply it.

HP Recommended

> I just spoke to someone at HP and I was told that my computer is obsolete

As soon as you boot it up for the first time, it is "obsolete".  :Wink:

Did that person say "out-of-warranty" or "obsolete" ?

> he would not say if it was a HP problem due to the update.

> But if I wanted to pay for a diagnostic fee they would tell me.

Once the initial warranty has ended, HP's policy is to require payment for support.

True also for manufacturers of toasters, toilets, and toothbrushes.  :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.