Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p055qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am reposting this problem.  My computer is less that 3 months old.  If left idle during the day, when I come home the system is unresponsive.  I can move the mouse but when I click on anything it just beeps at me.

When I force restart sometimes when I open the browser its just blank white and have to reboot again.  I was sent an email with a phone number to call but when I call it just rings.

This is getting very frustrating for such a new computer.  Can anyone help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CarolSwanson

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CarolSwanson

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand the screen is unresponsive after leaving it idle for some time and then using it,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Does the device go into sleep mode and then wakes up with the issue? or have you disabled sleep mode?

Have you attempted to reinstall the display drivers from the device manager?

Did you try a system restore to an earlier date you didn't have these issues?

While you respond to that, 

Here are the steps to follow:

- On the Desktop, right-click on This PC and select Properties

- On the left, choose Device Manager

- Click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category

- Right-click on Intel(R) HD Graphics Family and select Uninstall- restart the computer, go back to the same steps as mentioned above and this time - Update Driver Software...

- Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software

- Your computer should find and automatically install the updated driver

- After the installation is complete, restart your computer

If the computer continues to lockup or freeze: Click here for more steps.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, in answer to your questions:

Does the device go into sleep mode and then wakes up with the issue?  No or have you disabled sleep mode?  No

Have you attempted to reinstall the display drivers from the device manager?  No

Did you try a system restore to an earlier date you didn't have these issues?  No

I actually got ahold of Tech support last night and he did some updates and adjustments last night.   I believe he fixed the problem, it hasn't froze or been unresponsive since it did it.

Thank you again!!!

HP Recommended

@CarolSwanson

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern. 

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.