Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Desktop p6520f pavilion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

In the past month when I try to get into Setup on booting (F10 in my HP) it states that I require a password. This is independent of Windows 7 or Windows 10. I never gave a  password and password reset and find programs show no password.

Used to work fine before I installed Windows 10 (on 7), which crashed after the anniversary update not allowing a restore, repair or reinstallation. I had to reinstall the originaly Windows 7.

Pressing enter 3X (per instruction) it states press F2 and it boots into Windows. Computer works fine but I can't access Setup

I plan to try to install Win 10 again. I may have a problem.

Battery replacement had no effect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see the link below, clearing the password settings...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p6000-Desktop-PC-series/4162263/model/4216276/docume...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.