Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Started happening about 2 weeks ago.  I have made no changes to computer.  I do not want Simple Pass and find it irritating that I have o click X every time to close this window.  This advertisement needs to be removed from my Start-up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @14931

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips

I understand that the Simple Pass keep popping up and you would like to remove it from your Startup.

I'd like to help.

- Press Windows Key + R and the Run Command opens

- Type msconfig and hit Ok.

- The System Configuration Box opens, click the Startup Tab and look for Simple Pass and Disable it.

Then Go back to the System Configuration Screen and click the Services Tab. Check the Box that says Hide All Microsoft Services.

In the List uncheck all Services related to Simple Pass and Hit OK. Restart the Notebook.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @14931

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips

I understand that the Simple Pass keep popping up and you would like to remove it from your Startup.

I'd like to help.

- Press Windows Key + R and the Run Command opens

- Type msconfig and hit Ok.

- The System Configuration Box opens, click the Startup Tab and look for Simple Pass and Disable it.

Then Go back to the System Configuration Screen and click the Services Tab. Check the Box that says Hide All Microsoft Services.

In the List uncheck all Services related to Simple Pass and Hit OK. Restart the Notebook.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had to fuss a little with my Windows 10  but you certainly set me on the right path to resolving this issue.  Never found the box "hide all microsoft services" but did disable the HP Simple Passes.  Restarted computer - all is good.  Thanks!  

HP Recommended

Hi @14931,

I reviewed the post. Great to know that the issue has been resolved. A @KrazyToad is out for the day, I am relying on his behalf.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.