Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Simple Pass advertisement appears each time computer turned on - need to remove from start-up

Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Started happening about 2 weeks ago.  I have made no changes to computer.  I do not want Simple Pass and find it irritating that I have o click X every time to close this window.  This advertisement needs to be removed from my Start-up.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Simple Pass advertisement appears each time computer turned on - need to remove from start-up

Hi @14931

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips

I understand that the Simple Pass keep popping up and you would like to remove it from your Startup.

I'd like to help.

- Press Windows Key + R and the Run Command opens

- Type msconfig and hit Ok.

- The System Configuration Box opens, click the Startup Tab and look for Simple Pass and Disable it.

Then Go back to the System Configuration Screen and click the Services Tab. Check the Box that says Hide All Microsoft Services.

In the List uncheck all Services related to Simple Pass and Hit OK. Restart the Notebook.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I had to fuss a little with my Windows 10  but you certainly set me on the right path to resolving this issue.  Never found the box "hide all microsoft services" but did disable the HP Simple Passes.  Restarted computer - all is good.  Thanks!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,441
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @14931,

I reviewed the post. Great to know that the issue has been resolved. A @KrazyToad is out for the day, I am relying on his behalf.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation