Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 880 - 173NG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear,

I updated BIOS F.14 Rev.A to F.53 Rev.A then NVME sdd is not recognized at CMOS and Windows. My system is OMEN 880-173ng. 

However, the system configuration, the storage manager driver is working well and could be checked. But no hdd (toshiba nvme pcie 256gb as original)

I did Windows recovery but the 2TB SATA HDD is only recognized. I would like to use my NVME sdd (256GB). Please help!

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have seen this happen on certain HP Desktop PCs I don't know why this is happening. I have not seen any solutions in this forum for this problem.

Contact HP Support for a solution.

The SSD worked prior to a HP BIOS update. Now, after a BIOS update, it does not work.

A HP BIOS @ default settings will detect a SSD. A BIOS update resets the BIOS to defaults.

????

Regards

HP Recommended

Perhaps the flash reset the bios to defaults. You may need to reenable it in the bios as a bootable device. Your devices support page will have all the information on the setup.  

HP Recommended

I tried to reset the BIOS several times. Battery off and more than 30sec.... but the bios version is still F53 (not changed). I don't know what the problem is on it.

Would you let me know how I can back the F14 bios which I had it?

Windows driver is working well but the SSD is not recognized.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

https://www.win-raid.com/

This is a good forum for in depth help on bios. 

It happened me one time that I lost my inboard video in the bios but I found that specific settings all enabled at once brought it back. It made no sense but worked. For example, I enabled legacy boot and disabled uefi boot and made tpm available but didn't put in a password.  It may be worth trying different setup options and make sure to press f10 to save after each save as this can release other settings. Take photos or record the initial setting so you can go back to them. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support. It seems to be soloved. I changed the NVMe ssd from toshiba to Samsung (new one). It is now working on my computer. It might be sdd issue.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Yes, some are not boot compatible, I should have remembered, well done and thanks for passing on the information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.