Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp19 2114 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP 19 all-in-one PC that won't start up. I've checked the power cord and have done the hard reset by unplugging the there cord and then pressing the power button for 10 seconds. Nothing. I took the back cover off and the light next to where the power cord is plugged into the back of the computers is one when it's connected to an outlet. Any ideas to reboot or turn power on or reset it to get power on?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Johnnyboy8387 

You said you took the back cover off -- which should enable you to see the case fan.  Reboot the PC and look to see if the fan starts spinning.  

If it does, that means your PC is power ON, it's just not booting into Windows -- and if you have another PC you can use to make boot media, you can  try to repair that.

If it does not, that implies motherboard issues, and those are hardware and we can do nothing for you about those.

Let us know what happens.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.