Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 550

Hp emblem comes on at power up and nothing else happens. Tried to get to the diagnostic screen but nothing will happen. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Kevlandry

Welcome to HP Support Community

Perform a power drain and try getting to the BIOS

Shut down the computer and unplug the power cord and other accessories other than mouse/keyboard. Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. 

Plug back the power cord and upon restarting keep tapping on F10 till you see System Configuration Menu ( BIOS )

Keep me posted 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yep. Did that first. Several times. Power down.... disconnect all, hold power button, reconnect, power up, tap away on F10 for full 2-3 minutes.....nothing. 

Following Hp steps I’ve tapped away on the escape key, another post said F2, while another said F9 and yet another said F11.  None worked. 

If it helps, the power light comes on, the power pack fan comes on, the two fans near the main board comes on, I can feel the hard drive spinning, keyboard lights up. But the monitor shows black screen with hp in the center of the bluish circle. Nothing changes. Will the rate I tap effect this? I’ve tried slow tap, fast tap, once per second, every which way to no avail!

HP Recommended

@Kevlandry

At this point I suggest you contact our HP Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

So.... I removed the Hdd and backed up my pics and music using a usb enclosure.  Then reinstalled, power drained, restarted, F10, nothing. I walk away for a couple hours comes back and lo & behold the Bios screen is now on my monitor. So if you don’t mind what’s the next step?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.