Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
P6-2330-PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I turned on my desktop pc and it appears to be frozen (stuck) on the boot-up menu. It worked just fine two days ago and when I tried to use it, it does nothing. I discharged the residual power, tried to reset the CMOS, changed keyboard and mouse, checked the ram and all of the aforementioned were just fine. It is out of warranty and I am just wanting to get it back to running. Can ANYONE help me?20200203_113838.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The system is detecting RAM and the processor and you have power, and video.

I would download HP Vision diagnostics on a different PC (Link) and create bootable media to check all hardware on this PC. Also check internal HDD power and data connections.

Reduce the PC to a minimum configuration (mouse-keyboard-monitor).

Regards

HP Recommended

Can you hear any unusual clunk clunk or click click sounds? If it's getting stuck there and not giving you an error message in a timely manner, then I'd say it's having trouble initialising a boot device.

Unplug any external USB HDD's and try again.

If that doesn't help, or you don't have any external USB HDD's, then pull the side off and unplug the SATA cable from the HDD (with the power off) then try that.

Does it get past the screen then?

HP Recommended

Good Morning!

I followed the advice and the result is the same. 20200203_113838.jpg

HP Recommended

Good Morning!

Thank you for the advice and I did as your advice suggested. I went as far as to remove the motherboard from its case and performed that same tasks as suggested and to no avail. 

I have followed all of the ideas that I have acquired from the forum and even watched a few videos via YouTube and I have reached the end of my patience and concluded that the motherboard is old and tired and just needs to be replaced. I will toss it in the trash and hope for a lottery to come my way and just get a replacement motherboard or an entire computer.

I thank you sincerely for your time and your effort.

Stay safe!

OleSkool

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.