cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
skarere
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Stuck on secure boot authorization number during boot using z440

HP Recommended
HP z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all

I wanted to change Secure Boot to disabled, but after reboot I'm stuck on this message:

Secure boot

A request has been made to change this system's secure boot configuration.

which may affect the secure boot keys and/or disable secure boot.

Please type in and enter the below number for authorization.

I've tried two different keyboards (that worked previously), but it doesn't accept / register anything I type... so the only thing I can do is to hit the power button to turn the computer off, turn it back on and end up on the same message (different code, though) ! i tred also Clearing and resetting the CMOS by Pressing the Clear CMOS button but it doesn't accept!

Any one can help?

best20171126_084609.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
CF4
Level 9
5,904 1,697 206 298
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Well sidestepping the issue, somewhat...

I suggest setting a supervisor password on the BIOS of something simple 'hp' and YES I know it seems stupid, and I am aware it sometimes works, depending on the BIOS maker.

What is want/need to disable Secure Boot for?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
AlexIacovlev
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you solve this issue? I'm having same now.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation