Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At first my device restarted by itself and updated windows. Then when the windows update process took place when it was still 11% I accidentally forcibly turned off the device so that it updated Windows failed so I restarted it. There is an inscription "undoing changes made to your computer". Something like this happened before but there was no problem. But this time after the writing I waited until it was finished. But my device just stuck on the logo. I try to ask Some people who understand IT, said they could not enter the BIOS.  What must i do ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Crochonout -- you probably do NOT have a "BIOS problem".

I would purchase a new disk-drive, to replace the current disk-drive, and reinstall Windows onto the new disk-drive. Then, reconnect the current disk-drive as a "secondary" disk-drive, and copy all your personal files onto the new disk-drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.