Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-1009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to start my PC  (Pavilion TP01-1009na) after being left idling for sometime but it would not boot up. The wireless mouse and keyboard were disabled. I powered the PC off then on again and I noticed the prompts below. It keeps going on a loop which I can't break as the USB keyboard is not activated until the PC is well into the repeating cycle. I have removed all external devices except a USB keyboard and the ethernet connection. It is still under warrantee so can I take it to a repair centre?

Guidance will be much appreciated.

BIOS corruption has been detected. BIOS recovery will begin automatically when you restart your PC. 

BIOS recovery will take several minutes.

Do not shut down or remove power from your PC during the process.

The System BIOS Pending Image is being cleared.

Do not shutdown or remove powered from your computer during the clear.

The clear will take a few minutes to complete.

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.

Clearing Pending Image

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Uli66 

> The clear will take a few minutes to complete. Clearing Pending Image

What happens next? How many minutes did you wait?

HP Recommended

Hello Itsmyname,

The PC was in a continuous loop. I did not measure how long the cycle was. I had to take it to where I bought it from. They saw what was happening and decided it had to go back to HP.

I guess all HP will do is reformat both drives and load a new image before returning it. This way I will never know what caused the issue and I would have lost all my unbacked data.

In the last 12 years I've had 6 HP computers and 5 have had BIOS failures which rendered them unusable within the first 2 years of purchase so this should not come as a surprise but it is still very frustrating and disappointing.    

HP Recommended

@Uli66 --  I will never know what caused the issue and I would have lost all my unbacked data.

The issue was probably caused by some failing hardware, or a software "glitch", due to a problem with the software updates originating from Windows Update.

It is sad that you may have lost your personal data.  

The next time, consider booting from a copy of the free-to-use "Macrium Reflect" software, to "clone"  your disk-drive onto a "spare" disk-drive. 

When the computer is sent by HP back to you, connect the "spare" disk-drive as a "secondary" disk-drive, and copy all your personal files from the "old" disk-drive to the "new" disk-drive.  Even though Windows is not booting from the "old" disk-drive, my hope is that your personal files are still intact, on the "old" disk-drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.