Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-28-2020 06:21 AM
Computer trapped in loop. HP screen to Blue screen with: Syatem_Thread_Exception_Not_Handled.
Have tried the turn off/turn on procedure. Can't get to the WinRe screen. And have run all the system/symptoms checks.
05-05-2020 01:32 PM
@GRutz I understand the computer gets a blue screen error, However, since you haven’t captured the error code or message,
I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:
Check if the device boots into safe mode: click here for steps and then try the below steps:
- In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
- In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
- Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer to apply the change.
- The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.
For more details: click here
Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community