Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-df0037c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find bios drivers nor can I do  recovery IMG_0024.JPG

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may have to contact HP Support (Link). This (Link) is the HP Support site for your PC. There is no Driver download option. Very unusual to see this missing option. This option provides BIOS updates for possible use on a bootable USB drive to recover a corrupted BIOS.

A USB BIOS recovery is one troubleshooting step at this site (Link). Try the other options.

You may have to disassemble the PC to rest CMOS. This requires removing the CR2032 MB battery for a while.

Regards

HP Recommended

thanks but for how long will I have to disconnect CR2032 MB battery? I have tried 30min and nothing has changed

HP Recommended

@Katono -- is this the original disk-drive, with a "hidden" partition that was created by the factory?

If you have replaced the disk-drive, and if you did not copy that partition, then the BIOS file that was in that partition cannot be accessed.

What happens if you start-up your computer with the CMOS battery removed?

Try to enter BIOS SETUP. When it loads, reset the date/time, and "exit saving changes", then power-off your computer, and insert the battery.

HP Recommended

Hi @Katono ,

You're very welcome.

I usually remove the MB battery for about five minutes.

I still don't understand why there is no HP Driver download site for this PC.

You need to try a USB BIOS update. It looks like you will need to contact HP for factory service at this point. HP usually will reflash the BIOS or replace the MB.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi

just for information

This can make the computer unusable, we do not know your version in place
but you will find it here

24-df0037c Product Specifications

Motherboard Specifications, MonkD

• HP name: MonkD
  • SSID: 86F2

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06962299

HP All-in-One 24-df0xxx (SSID 86F2)
HP System BIOS
F.25
SP113208

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks, I have had removed the battery and switched the computer on but nothing changed. Keeps showing the same massage

HP Recommended

Thanks, I had removed the battery for over 12hrs, since last night but nothing has changed when I turn the computer back on.

HP Recommended

Thanks, this is my model-

HP All-in-One - 24-df0037c and I have removed the battery for over 12hrs, since last night but nothing has changed.

HP Recommended

Hi @Katono,

You're very welcome.

You may have to contact HP Support (Link). Try suggestions offered by @Prométhée and @itsmyname.

I am out of ideas.

You are at a dead end. You need to try flashing  the BIOS via USB. HP is not giving you this option at your PC's HP Support site. The error message you see tells you what to do. But you cannot do it.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.