Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-05-2019 01:24 PM - edited 10-05-2019 07:31 PM
I had a hp z400 with w3520 processor. I wanted to upgrade my processor so I bought w3680 and it's working fine but takes 5 to 7 minutes to turn system display on ( showing hp logo and bios options). I tried putting back my old processor and it's turning on display in 3 to 4 seconds. My bios is latest 3.61. what could be the problem.
512 gb SSD
512 gb HDD
AMD RX 570 4GB
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-05-2019 07:48 PM - edited 10-05-2019 07:50 PM
Should have checked your Workstation specs.
Figured you had done this.
Processor support per HP is:
- Intel Xeon W3503, 2.40 GHz, 4 MB cache, 1066 memory, 4.8GT/s QPI, Dual-Core
- Intel Xeon W3505, 2.53 GHz, 4 MB cache, 1066 memory, 4.8GT/s QPI, Dual-Core
- Intel Xeon W3520, 2.66 GHz, 8 MB cache, 1066 memory, 4.8GT/s QPI, Quad-Core, HT, Turbo
- Intel Xeon W3540, 2.93 GHz, 8 MB cache, 1066 memory, 4.8GT/s QPI, Quad-Core, HT, Turbo
- Intel Xeon W3570, 3.20 GHz, 8 MB cache, 1333 memory, 6.4GT/s, Quad-Core, HT, Turbo
You can confirm at this (Link). HP is not officially supporting a W3680 on this motherboard.
No BIOS update for this. HP does not support Windows 10 on your product.
10-06-2019 12:52 AM
- I have seen it and it does support this processor.
- I think their new bios is having trouble with this processor so they updated their web page because a week back I saw it on the same web page it was listed there w3690.
- And I have taken this processor from my near market and It was running on a hp z400 the only difference was i had bios 3.61 and his computer had 3.20
- Same year both were manufactured. I know if anyhow I can downgrade my bios it will work normally.
- If there is way to downgrade bios please let me know.
- Thanks for ur help .
- U can download the hp z400 manual from the link given above.
10-06-2019 04:08 AM
Hp sells it's z400 with w3680 and w 3690.
I have taken this processor from a working hp z400. He bought that from hp.
The problem is that he still has default bios 3.20 which came with system accidentally I updated my bios to 3.61. it's the problem of bios. Is there any way to downgrade my bios to default 3.20. our systems are manufactured in same year. But I bought it for a bit low price so I had 4 core processor and he had 6 core processor.
Hp updated their web link because I do remember 6 core processors were listed their. Before their bios update.
Please let me know if there is any way I can flash default bios 3.20 .
I can guarantee it that my problem is gonna be fixed.
Thanks , regards
10-07-2019 10:08 AM
My problem is fixed now I downloaded a old bios 3.19 from a website link give below .
I flashed my old bios through USB.
It corrupted my bios . Then I downloaded latest bios from hp website and flashed bios through USB .
Now my system starts in 2 to 3 seconds.