Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion PC570 - a1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have used HP Recovery Manager to create Recovery Media. Disconnected the HDD and transfered the cables to the new Samsung SSD 860 EVO. Continually pressed ESC to access BIOS but all I get is a screen with a few lines of general information and a request to press ESC. When I do this nothing happens.

Have I missed something or does it sound as if I cannot install this SSD?

Any help appreciated and even knowing it can't be done will be disappointing but at least I won't be wasting any more time

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I will not be able to change to SSD. Disappointing but at least I will not waste more of my time.

Thanks everyone

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Perhaps try this method.  Start tapping Esc key and start the PC, while keep tapping Esc.  A popup menu should appear, then you can pick the startup devices in the setup menu, to boot to the Recovery media.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying so quickly. Sadly this hasn't worked. and I can't think of anything else I can try. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

I think you are in the same boat as people in this thread:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-blocking-SSD-upgrades-with-newer-systems-an...

It won't work.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I will not be able to change to SSD. Disappointing but at least I will not waste more of my time.

Thanks everyone

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.