Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanB4
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Trying to replace HDD with SSD but pressing ESC to access BIOS start Recovery Manager has no effect

HP Recommended
Pavilion PC570 - a1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have used HP Recovery Manager to create Recovery Media. Disconnected the HDD and transfered the cables to the new Samsung SSD 860 EVO. Continually pressed ESC to access BIOS but all I get is a screen with a few lines of general information and a request to press ESC. When I do this nothing happens.

Have I missed something or does it sound as if I cannot install this SSD?

Any help appreciated and even knowing it can't be done will be disappointing but at least I won't be wasting any more time

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,616 10,612 990 2,991
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perhaps try this method.  Start tapping Esc key and start the PC, while keep tapping Esc.  A popup menu should appear, then you can pick the startup devices in the setup menu, to boot to the Recovery media.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

IanB4
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying so quickly. Sadly this hasn't worked. and I can't think of anything else I can try. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
krzemien
Level 7
731 713 31 171
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think you are in the same boat as people in this thread:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-blocking-SSD-upgrades-with-newer-systems-an...

It won't work.

IanB4
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I will not be able to change to SSD. Disappointing but at least I will not waste more of my time.

Thanks everyone

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation