Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp elitedesk 800 g2 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I selected legacy boot with secure boot disabled in bios, and now it gives two short beeps on power on, followed by a restart. It just loops this without end. I've tried starting with everything disconnected, including all the drives. Took out the battery. Nothing changes. Any ideas or have I made a brick?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can't say why you see this happening after doing what you did. You pulled the MB CR2032 battery, this should reset CMOS.

You may need HP factory service if you cannot recover the BIOS.

A two beep error code for your product (Link to Administration Guide) is not a good sign:

BIOS beep codes.png

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. I'm sure hp support is going to ask for money? It's well out of warranty. Honestly I could probably find a replacement board for less I imagine...

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

I don't see why this happened. Very perplexing and probably having no causality.

Regards

HP Recommended

So I unplugged my gpu, and dug out a vga cable and this happened.

"A request has been made to change this system secure boot configuration. Which may affect the secure boot keys and/or may disable secure boot. Please type in and enter the below number for authorization."

Huzzah!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.