Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 270-p043w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying in BIOS to enable my USB on the front of my case for boot ability. My hard drive was wiped when my son was on my computer with a cheap external drive that he was trying to wipe, and my drive was wiped by mistake. I do not have a boot disk,  or recovery disk. I have a USB ready for install.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have access to another Windows PC, use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

After you create the recovery drive, plug it into your PC's USB port.

Turn on or restart the PC.   Immediately tap/press the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu, and from that select the USB recovery drive you created, and press the Enter key.

The PC should boot from the recovery drive.

Follow the onscreen instructions to start the recovery process.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.