Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 880-137nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Goodmorning,

A couple of months ago I was trying to access the BIOS to format my disk. There clearly was a problem with the BIOS but after a week I succeeded. Before finally accessing the BIOS I tried:

- Pressing repeatedly all function keys and the ESC key (the one that is supposed to work) when booting.

- I tried to access the UEFI settings from Windows' troubleshoot menu:   resulted in getting back to Windows

- I tried to clear the CMOS with the jumper and by removing the battery:   both resulted in getting to nothing else than the windows login screen, even when combined with the pressing of keys

- I also tried to use the FDO1 jumper, but I have no idea what it is and if it is related to BIOS at all.

- I tried to remove the SSD with the OS on it, which should result in a message saying that there isn't any disk to boot from:     resulted instead in black screen

- I tried to remove both HDD and SSD and to clear the CMOS by removing the battery:   this finally resulted in a message saying that there wasn't any disk to boot from, I was than able to access the BIOS by pressing the Esc key. I did all that I had to do with in the BIOS and for the week after I was able to access it normally multiple times.

A couple of days ago I tried to access the BIOS  and I was not able to access it. I tried all what I tried before and nothing worked. I also tried to update the BIOS in the three ways suggested by the HP guide, from Windows, from the HP Support Assistant and from flashing the USB: they all resulted in not updating the BIOS that still is version F.22 when the update should be F.51.

Thank You to anyone who has anything else to try,

Francesco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BrokenBIOS1

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point we could try a BIOS Recovery and check if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BrokenBIOS1

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point we could try a BIOS Recovery and check if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. It was not easy and it didn't do the recovery as supposed, but it unlocked something that allowed me to access the BIOS normally and than update it through a USB Drive, so now everything is good for sure.

Thank you, 

Francesco

HP Recommended

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.