Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 27 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy 27 all in one was acting a little odd with the cursor so I restarted it.   It powered down but did not come back up.  I pressed the power button and a very loud alarm sounds.  It has two tones in a repeated sequence a couple of seconds apart.  I can tell the fan is on because there is airflow coming out of the top of the computer (the monitor).  There is nothing on the screen. 

Suggestions, please?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If the loud sounds could be described as beeps, discern if there is a pattern and then post the pattern.  Those things (beeps) are telling of a failure and the beeps are a crude way of telling what it is.  If it will not power up, then most likely not good news.  Post the pattern and the model number of this AIO.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yes, the alarm has a pattern.   Dash-dash-dash...dot-dot-dot-dot.  The dash sound is different from the dot sound.  The whole sequence takes only several seconds.  I simply can't find information on the model or serial number.  It is an Envy 27 inch all in one with an Intel core processor.  It is about three years old and has not given me trouble before.  I have carefully looked at all six sides and there are no stickers or information tags.  I don't know where the paperwork is.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

David

HP Recommended

Since there is not a model number, have a look at these two threads for AIO with a similar problem

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/23-q059na-All-In-One-3-long-beeps-4-short-beep...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/3-Long-Beeps-4-Short-higher-pit...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you very mucy.  The "hard reset" seems to have done the trick.  At least I am back up and on line.

Very helpful.  Thanks again.

David

HP Recommended

Great  to hear.  Thanks for reporting back.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.