Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion b223w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my hp all in one hp b223w desktop just suddenly won't turn off for nothing. I tried the troubleshooting step. Disconnect everything except for the mouse and keyboard and disconnect the power cord and press the power button for 5 to 10 minutes then plug back in the power cord and try to turn it on and nothing still. I tried this step probably 15 times and nothing work and even tried holding down the power button for long and I see no indicator light. My warranty expired almost a year ago so hp technician will not speak to me. I need some help or advice on what to do next please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is a thread discussing that issue

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/HP-pavilion-23-all-in-one-won-t-turn-on/td...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Assuming there is no indication of any activity when trying to initiate a start, first thing to check is the power pack.

If it has a power indication when plugged, what is the output voltage?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

When I plugged the power cord in the indicator light comes on in the back of the computer, the output voltage is 120v and i tried a different outlet and same result. I tried the power cord in a different computer and the other computer worked, well it was actually a laptop I tried the power cord in and the laptop was charging, so I plugged it back into my desktop and tried again and still no activity only the indicator light to show that the power cord is plugged in

HP Recommended

Here is a thread discussing that issue

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/HP-pavilion-23-all-in-one-won-t-turn-on/td...

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.